If you would like a list of sewing suppliers in Vietnam then go here:https://sourcing-in-vietnam.com/list-of-factories-in-vietnam.php
How to get started in Vietnam?First decision point is will you produce your own styles or choose from a catalog provided by the factory? This is OEM vs ODM. OEM stands for original equipment manufacturer and you provide the design while the factory just produces. ODM stands for original design manufacturer and the factory provides designing and manufacturing. Vietnam is 99% OEM. China is good at ODM. Do you have your own designs? If yes, Vietnam is a good place to start sourcing production. If no, then I recommend China.
Second decision point is how will we start working together?
You provide me a tech pack. (Download)
You provide me a quantity breakdown list. (Download)
I get a price quote.
I get a sample for you.
I do quality control for you.
Your freight forwarding company ships to you.
This is simplified but basically that is how it works.
If you like to read and learn then I recommend my books:
Let's meet on Skype or WhatsApp (Free, book appointment here)
Hire me for:
- Consulting ($50/hour)
- Factory Introductions by Email($100/factory)
- Factory Visits($500/day)
- Design/Development/Production($1,000/month,1 Style, 1 Color, 1,000 pieces)
I recommend we start with a one hour consultation.
I ask that you pay me in advance using Pay Pal ([email protected])
I use the attached worksheets to brainstorm with you and come up with an action plan.
You choose what we discuss or I will lead the conversation.
- How to get clothing manufactured overseas I know how to get clothing manufactured overseas because I live in Vietnam and work with sewing factories. Let's chat.
- How to Start a Clothing Line Are you learning how to start a clothing line? Allow me to share three tips and tell you about the people I have helped.
- Vietnam Manufacturing Micro Community Join our Vietnam Manufacturing Micro Community and get introduced to vetted manufacturers.
- Contact manufacturing consultant in Vietnam My name is Chris and I have 10 years experience working as a manufacturing consultant in Vietnam. Join my Webinar.
- How to start up a fashion line How to start up a fashion line in Vietnam, is that your goal? I can introduce you to factories and fabric suppliers. I wrote my best advice in books for you.
- How to work with clothing manufacturers overseas I know how to work with clothing manufacturers overseas and I have first hand experience in Vietnam. What is the biggest hurdle you face? Do you just need a price quote?
- Guide to Producing Garments in Vietnam Allow me to share 10 years worth of resources based on my experience as a guide to producing garments in Vietnam
- Best Garment Manufacturing Trade Shows I have been to the best garment manufacturing trade shows. Find out how what to expect and how to meet overseas apparel factories.
- Manufacture Clothing in Vietnam I recommend starting with 1,000 pieces per style per color to manufacture clothing in vietnam. Let's chat and I will explain why.
- Clothing Fabrics 101 Need help sourcing knit and woven textiles in Ho Chi Minh city? I can help you with clothing fabrics 101 in Vietnam.
- Apparel Tech Pack Basics May I explain apparel tech pack basics for you? I am a marketing manager that works inside a garment factory in Vietnam. Spec sheets the key.
- English Speaking Clothing Manufacturers in Saigon May I introduce you to English speaking clothing manufacturers in Saigon? Are you producing knit or woven style garments? Let's talk.
- Vietnam Freight Forwarders Vietnam freight forwarders get your garments through customs, across oceans and to your warehouse. I can introduce you to my favourite logistics company in HCMC.
- US Import Duty Rates Us import duty rates for garments into US from Vietnam are the same as China for now. Contact me to get the latest update on export duty rates.
- Shipping Documents to Import Clothes into Vietnam What shipping documents to import clothes into Vietnam are necessary? I explain basic terms like consignee that you should be aware of before meeting a freight forwarder.
- Garment Quality Control in Vietnam Garment quality control in Vietnam is either done in house, by a third party or both. Allow me to explain AQL and 4 point fabric inspection.
- Garment Manufacturing Lead Time What is garment manufacturing lead time when producing apparel in Vietnam? Does it include shipping time? Vietnam is typically 60 to 120 days.
- How to Negotiate Garment Price in Vietnam How to negotiate garment price in Vietnam is a science and an art. Never give your target price because you don't want to leave money on the table. I can help you.
- Pattern Maker in Vietnam A freelance pattern maker in Vietnam is hard to find. When you work with a sewing factory you will have the chance to work closely with one if you are lucky.
- Garment Packing Options Garment packing options may seem trivial but they can cost you if you don't make the right choices. Allow me to explain.
- Salesman Clothing Samples Free salesman clothing samples are a standard practice in Vietnam if you prove to the factory that you are serious about placing an order.
- Buying Garment Accessories in Vietnam Are you buying garment accessories in Vietnam? Do you need helping working with your factory to get the right price/quality ratio?
- Sourcing Fabric Trims in Vietnam Sourcing fabric trims in Vietnam starts by visiting three fabric markets in Saigon. The team I work with can take you there.
- Garment Printing Primer I wrote a garment printing primer that explains the difference between water based and plastisol screen printing in Vietnam.
- Speak with Garment Manufacturing Expert in Vietnam Schedule Appointment with Chris who is a garment manufacturing expert in Vietnam.
- Sewing Suppliers in Vietnam Searching for sewing suppliers in Vietnam? I can introduce you and I promote a variety of garment related resources like VITAS, VINATEX and AGTEK.